This post is all about me… and my husband… but mostly about me, and you, the reader. Recently, we were in Miami, Fl. to receive our Bronze medals for our audio-book, When Angels Fly. That is right! We did it again. “When Angels Fly” is the 2018 Readers’ Favorite Bronze Medal Winner in the Non-Fiction – Audio-book genre!” Before I get involved with this news, I wish to share another picture with you, my readers. This one is from last year and the awards of our book, The Big Cheese Festival. Note: One Huge Difference. 100 Pound Difference!!
Seriously, 100 pounds lost in one year! How did I do this? Well, that is what this blog post is actually about. Yes, I am ashamed to admit that I gained 100 excess pounds when my nursing career was cut short due to my failing health. Then I decided that I HATED my image, at the awards, wearing a size 3X Dress! That motivated me to Take Back My Life!
That is my story. It has taken strong will, grit, and determination to lose the excess, but I persevered in doing this in about nine months. How did I do this??
1. I love chocolate and have found sugar free Hagen Daz ice cream. A few bites and that is enough. I don’t eat sugar and I use Stevia instead.
2. Drink one bottle of water before eating and you will eat less. Your stomach will feel fuller faster!
3. Go for protein the most consisting of lean meats, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, and nuts. Crock pot the meat and don’t bread and fry it.
4. Eat fresh veggies such as tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumbers, and broccoli.
5. Eat fresh berries and I love blueberries. I eat one or two strawberries regularly.
6. My nuts are unsalted and I eat almonds and peanuts.
7. I love a banana each morning and my K+ (potassium) stays on track.
8. I no longer have to take medicine for cholesterol. I’m in the normal range!
9. I no longer take blood pressure medicine!!!
10. Use portion control when you eat meals. DON’T go back for second helpings. We eat out less except when traveling.
11. I take a generic Multiple Vitamin, Vitron C, Folic Acid, and B12 every morning, and some exercise will help you lose faster.
****** You must make sure you check with your doctor regarding this diet and over the counter medications. Check with your doctor regarding exercise, too. ******
This is my story. I went from obesity and stomach ulcers to normal weight and no ulcers. You can do this, too!
At my heaviest…. trust me in that I wore a size 3X dress. I was ashamed and so embarrassed. Now I wear a size 8 dress!! I also wear size 6 and size 8 stretch skinny jeans!!!
I feel better! I’m stable on my feet again! I can walk further and NOT be short of breath! I’m now on four liters of oxygen per minute instead of five! My left knee was going to be replaced due to pain and unable to do steps. Now that I’m 100 pounds less my knee doesn’t hurt!! I don’t need knee surgery. It was the extra 100 pounds that caused my knee grief! I have stayed in my self imposed weight range for a couple of months now! …and I use exclamation points to help motivate any reader into losing excess weight, if you have excess.