Please welcome Bob Gonzalez to my blog.
1. Please introduce yourself to those reading this blog post.
My name is Bob Gonzalez. I grew up in Northeastern PA where the most popular outdoor sport was whitetail deer hunting. I moved to Florida in my twenties where I began to indulge in my passion for deep sea fishing. Which led to the creation of this book.
2. Has writing always been part of your life and when did you “know” that it was time to start writing your first book?
I have always enjoyed writing but net realistically considered publishing a book until recently. And I am so glad that I did. Readers are really enjoying the tales inside of “A Flicker in the Water”.
3. How difficult was it writing your first book?
Writing a book is not an easy undertaking. The best approach for me was to take it slow until I had it exactly the way I wanted it.
4. Have you ever wanted to give up and what stopped you?
Sometimes giving might cross your mind but just like in fishing if you fight through the frustration eventually whatever your writing will take shape.
5. Who is the most supportive of you and your dream to be a writer?
I have supportive family & friends who helped me stay motivated.
6. Anything specific you want to tell your readers?
Fishermen & non-fishermen alike can enjoy “A Flicker in the Water”.
7. What is the best advice given to you (book or otherwise), and by whom?
My publisher told me to take my time.
8. What is your target audience and what aspect of your writing do you feel targets that audience?
Readers who enjoy stories will enjoy the book & hopefully some of the educational & spiritual aspects about our oceans & its inhabitants conveyed in the book.
9. Did the cover evolve the same way, or did you work with someone to make it come together for you?
I knew immediately I wanted the cover as is. It is a picture of a Goliath grouper. The largest grouper in the grouper family.
10. What are you working on now? Can we get a peek, an excerpt?
Currently I am writing comedy poems that I may release sometime in the future.
11. Any last words before we wrap things up?
Thank you for this sneak peek into “A Flicker in the Water” I hope you will enjoy going (Inside the Tales).
Author website: https://flickerinthewater.com
Twitter: Bob Gonzalez @flickerinthewtr
Facebook: Flicker in the Water
Goodreads: A Flicker in the Water