Well, following the rules need not be confusing. Thanks to Barbara Delinsky boils down the rules of writing to 5 easy to understand and follow.
- Research will help you write about everything. Thank goodness for Google. Personally, I love researching a new topic. Too bad I get lost in all the cool info.
- Likable characters.
- Everyone loves to cheer on the heroine and boo the villain. Don’t overdo their attributes.
- Scene purpose.
- Write scenes that don’t distract or slow down your story.
- Move it, move it.
- Keep the pace moving forward. Readers prefer heart-stopping speed to eloquent prose.
- Edit, and edit some more.
- Edit everything. Edit typos, flow, context, inconsistencies, repetition, and boredom.
View original post 68 more words